Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Using single quotes for nested <q> tags

Here's a short bit of CSS that fixes the double-quoting problem in Mozilla/FireFox when you use a quote tag within another quote tag:

<style type="text/css">
		q q:before { content: "'";	}	
		q q:after {	content: "'";	}
</style>

The above will result in this: There are two quotes, and this one is nested

Update!

It's been pointed out that you can achieve much the same effect using the CSS Quote Property. Now that's one that I haven't used much!

2 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Google PageRank News said...

I just came across your blog about small business seo and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about small business seo so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home